Top 5 Ways to Make Your Business Card Stand Out
Believe it or not, business cards have been around since the 15th century when the Chinese would carry around, what they called, “Visiting Cards”. These small cards described how amazing, interesting or important they were to self promote themselves. They also used them when visiting well-known establishments to prove their credentials before they were invited inside.
By the 17th century, business cards had taken notice by exclusive Europeans and became known as “Trade Cards”. They were a little bigger than today’s cards and more like the size of a playing card. Many were engraved and included some gold elements to convey their status amongst peers and colleagues. Not only were the cards used for business, but they also used them for dealings and even dating.
After the Industrial Revolution, the formality of social and trade-related interaction faded away. People then needed a way to introduce themselves which lead to the modern-day business card.
Top Business Card Styles That Stick
Business cards are still a much-needed necessity, even with the spark of the digital era and social media. As a business person, your business card is often your first impression when meeting a potential customer or client. This can have a long-lasting effect on your brand. The goal is to get the client to keep your business card high in the stack as opposed to the circular file.
Here are our top five business card styles that can help you stand out.
1) Rounded Corner Business Cards – When it comes to first impressions sometimes small details can make all the difference. Rounding the edges of your business card shows the personality of your brand and that you don’t always follow the obvious route.
2) Plastic Business Cards – This style is unique because it provides a transparent view of the card where the business is only printed on one side. Not only is it durable but it’s also waterproof!
3) Square Business Cards – Rather than following the common rectangle style for your business card, opt for a perfect square to help take notice. This style is a more modern look and feel.
4) Metallic Business Cards – A little shimmer and shine can add some extra flair that you’re looking for when representing your business with metallic business cards. This style helps express your brand while also taking your design to the next level.
5) Recycled Paper Business Cards – For those who are more earth-conscious, recycled paper business cards are the way to go! These can be fun to showcase a more rustic style and texture. It also makes for perfect handwritten notes to customers with the uncoated finish.
Are you looking to make an impact with your business cards but don’t know where to start? Connect with our team of experts who can help you choose the right style and size that will attract potential clientele.